WHY JESUS CAME? (6)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Why Jesus came?

a) Jesus came to Earth for you. What is most important about Jesus’ mission to Earth is that it directly affects your life now and forever. Jesus came to restore your relationship to God the Father. The death of Jesus on the cross is the most important event in history that affects your life directly. If you choose to believe and receive Jesus’ body and blood as a sacrifice for your sins, and you are willing to give Him your life, then you receive His life. The teachings of Jesus are very important because His Words judge us.

b) Everything about Jesus mission on Earth is about saving us from our sins. The name Jesus means “Jehovah saves”, the word salvation means to rescue. Jesus’ name describes His mission and purpose of coming to Earth. Jesus gives us the Way, the Truth, and Life. Jesus gave us the way to have unity with God and to become one with God our Father.

c) In the scriptures below when Jesus talks about bringing division, even in families, He is talking about the cost of loving Him. The greatest commandment is to love God with all of your being. Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37 – 40 There are times when loving God more than people causes division between us and other people. Ultimately Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost, even His enemies and your enemies. Jesus did not come to take sides He came to draw people to His side. This is the kind of division Jesus talks about but which will ultimately bring true unity and peace between the Creator and His creation.

2. Other Scriptures 

(John 4:34)  
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.

(John 6:37-40)  
“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. {38} “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. {39} “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. {40} “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

(John 6:50-63)  
“This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that one may eat of it and not die. {51} “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.” {52} The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this Man give us His flesh to eat?” {53} Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. {54} “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. {55} “For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. {56} “He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. {57} “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. {58} “This is the bread which came down from heaven; not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.” {59} These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum. {60} Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?” {61} When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? {62} “What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? {63} “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.


The End ...

Comments