WHY JESUS CAME? (7)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Why Jesus came?

a) Jesus came to Earth for you. What is most important about Jesus’ mission to Earth is that it directly affects your life now and forever. Jesus came to restore your relationship to God the Father. The death of Jesus on the cross is the most important event in history that affects your life directly. If you choose to believe and receive Jesus’ body and blood as a sacrifice for your sins, and you are willing to give Him your life, then you receive His life. The teachings of Jesus are very important because His Words judge us.

b) Everything about Jesus mission on Earth is about saving us from our sins. The name Jesus means “Jehovah saves”, the word salvation means to rescue. Jesus’ name describes His mission and purpose of coming to Earth. Jesus gives us the Way, the Truth, and Life. Jesus gave us the way to have unity with God and to become one with God our Father.

c) In the scriptures below when Jesus talks about bringing division, even in families, He is talking about the cost of loving Him. The greatest commandment is to love God with all of your being. Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ’On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37 – 40 There are times when loving God more than people causes division between us and other people. Ultimately Jesus came to seek and to save that which is lost, even His enemies and your enemies. Jesus did not come to take sides He came to draw people to His side. This is the kind of division Jesus talks about but which will ultimately bring true unity and peace between the Creator and His creation.

2. Other Scriptures 

(John 9:35-39)  
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?” {36} He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?” {37} And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.” {38} Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him. {39} And Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may be made blind.”

(John 10:9-11)  
“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. {10} “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. {11} “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.

(John 10:14-18)  
“I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. {15} “As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. {16} “And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. {17} “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. {18} “No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”


The End ...

Comments