The Information War and the Fear of the Lord

The Information War and the Fear of the Lord

What Does It Mean?

This teaching connects the fear of the Lord to the daily choice we make between two competing sources of information. The instruction begins with the foundational truth that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge, while fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The teaching then declares that God's information system delivers the fear of the Lord. The privilege of having the fear of the Lord applied to our personal life is one of the benefits available to everyone who seeks God's wisdom. The instruction reminds us that we are in an "information war" every day. The information we choose to live by and base our behavior and thought-life on is a personal choice between two powerful sources.

The first source is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which is occupied by Satan. This information source is always hostile to the plans and purposes of God's leadership and Kingdom in our lives. The second source is the tree of life, which provides God-information for the transformation of our thought-life, imagination, and spiritual heart. The source of this information system is God, His Word, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit of God.

The teaching emphasizes that we choose which information system we feed from and graft into our thinking and actions. Feeding from the correct source has the potential of keeping sin out of our life. David declared, "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee."

The instruction then poses a direct question: "Do you want to continue to get your information from here?" The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the "default" source. If information is not coming directly from God's Word, then this is the only alternative. The direct source of God's wisdom is the Word of God for each and every situation. It is not just the Bible—it is having the Holy Spirit of God guide us into applicable truth.

The Twist

The unexpected element in this teaching is the clear statement that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the "default" source. This is a sobering revelation. If we are not intentionally feeding from the tree of life—God's Word and Spirit—we are automatically feeding from the enemy's source. There is no neutral ground. Our default is the source occupied by Satan.

Another surprising insight is that the fear of the Lord is delivered through God's information system. The fear of the Lord is not something we manufacture on our own; it is the result of feeding on God's truth. When we fill our minds with God's information, the fear of the Lord naturally grows in us.

The teaching also reveals that God's information system is not just the Bible but the Holy Spirit guiding us into applicable truth. This means that Scripture is not a static book but a living, dynamic source of guidance. The Holy Spirit applies the Word to our specific situations, making it relevant and transformative.

Perhaps most challenging is the question posed: "Do you want to continue to get your information from here?" The teaching forces us to examine our information sources and make a conscious choice. We cannot drift into feeding from the tree of life; we must intentionally choose it.

How Does It Apply to Me?

Recognize the Information War

I am in an information war every day. I need to recognize that the information I consume shapes my thinking, behavior, and spiritual health.

I can apply this by:

Being aware of the sources of my information

Not being passive about what I consume

Recognizing that there is no neutral ground

Intentionally choosing God's information system

Choose the Tree of Life

The tree of life provides God-information for transformation. I need to intentionally choose this source and feed from it daily.

I can do this by:

Making Scripture a priority in my daily life

Seeking the Holy Spirit's guidance

Allowing God's Word to shape my thinking

Grafting God's information into my heart

Reject the Default Source

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the default source. I need to reject this default and intentionally choose God's truth.

I can apply this by:

Not letting the world's information shape me

Testing everything against Scripture

Being discerning about what I consume

Actively seeking God's wisdom

Let God's Word Keep Me from Sin

Feeding from the correct source has the potential of keeping sin out of my life. I need to hide God's Word in my heart as David did.

I can do this by:

Memorizing and meditating on Scripture

Allowing God's Word to guide my choices

Using Scripture to combat temptation

Letting truth shape my character

Seek the Holy Spirit's Guidance

God's information system is not just the Bible but the Holy Spirit guiding me into applicable truth. I need to seek the Spirit's guidance daily.

I can apply this by:

Asking the Holy Spirit to guide me

Being sensitive to His prompting

Not relying on my own understanding

Trusting the Spirit to apply truth to my situation

Examine My Information Sources

The teaching asks: "Do you want to continue to get your information from here?" I need to examine my information sources and make a conscious choice.

I can do this by:

Evaluating what I watch, read, and listen to

Asking whether it comes from God's truth

Being willing to change my consumption habits

Choosing sources that honor God

Cultivate the Fear of the Lord

The fear of the Lord is delivered through God's information system. I need to cultivate the fear of the Lord by feeding on His truth.

I can do this by:

Spending time in God's Word

Seeking wisdom from Scripture

Letting God's truth produce reverence in me

Allowing the fear of the Lord to guide my choices

Final Reflections

This teaching on the information war and the fear of the Lord presents a sobering reality: we are constantly choosing between two sources of information. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the default source, occupied by Satan. The tree of life is God's source, providing transformation and wisdom.

The fear of the Lord is delivered through God's information system. When we feed on His Word and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, the fear of the Lord naturally grows in us. It is not something we manufacture but something we receive as we consume God's truth.

The question posed by the teaching is direct and personal: "Do you want to continue to get your information from here?" This forces us to examine our lives and make a conscious choice. We cannot drift into feeding from the tree of life; we must intentionally choose it.

The promise is clear: feeding from the correct source has the potential of keeping sin out of our lives. When we hide God's Word in our hearts, we are protected from sin. The Word becomes a weapon against temptation and a guide for our choices.

This teaching calls me to be intentional about my information sources. I must recognize the information war, choose the tree of life, reject the default source, and seek the Holy Spirit's guidance. In doing so, I cultivate the fear of the Lord and walk in wisdom.

Prayer

Father in Heaven,

I come to You with a heart that desires to feed from the tree of life. I confess that I have sometimes been passive about my information sources, defaulting to the world's wisdom instead of seeking Your truth. Forgive me for my neglect and for the times I have allowed the enemy's information to shape my thinking.

Lord, I thank You that the fear of the Lord is delivered through Your information system. Help me to choose the tree of life daily and to feed on Your Word. Let the Holy Spirit guide me into applicable truth for every situation.

Help me to recognize the information war and to be intentional about what I consume. Reject the default source and fill my mind with what is true, noble, pure, lovely, and admirable. Let Your Word keep me from sin and guide my choices.

I pray for those who are feeding from the wrong source. Open their eyes to see the truth and lead them to the tree of life. Help them to experience the transformation that comes from Your Word.

Lord, I choose this day to feed from Your truth and to seek Your wisdom. Let the fear of the Lord shape my thoughts, my words, and my actions. Let my life be a testimony to Your grace and power.

In Jesus' name, who is the Word of God,

Amen.

Comments