THE GLORY OF GOD (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Glory of God

a)The glory of God is the manifestation and revelation of the His love in the radiance of His power and splendor.  

(Psalms 19:1-3 NIV) 
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. 

2. Other Scriptures 

(Exodus 33:13-19 NIV) 
If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.” {14} The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” {15} Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. {16} How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?” {17} And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” {18} Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” {19} And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

(Exodus 34:5-8 NIV) 
Then the LORD came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the LORD. {6} And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, {7} maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.” {8} Moses bowed to the ground at once and worshiped.

(Numbers 14:19-23 NIV) 
In accordance with your great love, forgive the sin of these people, just as you have pardoned them from the time they left Egypt until now.” {20} The LORD replied, “I have forgiven them, as you asked. {21} Nevertheless, as surely as I live and as surely as the glory of the LORD fills the whole earth, {22} not one of the men who saw my glory and the miraculous signs I performed in Egypt and in the desert but who disobeyed me and tested me ten times– {23} not one of them will ever see the land I promised on oath to their forefathers. No one who has treated me with contempt will ever see it.


The End ...

Comments