WALK IN LOVE

WALK IN LOVE

Bible Verse: Ephesians 5:2

“And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us.”

1-Minute Explanation

Paul describes love as something we walk in, meaning that love must become a way of life. Christian love is demonstrated through sacrifice, patience, forgiveness, compassion and service. It is not limited to people who agree with us or treat us well. Christ's love becomes our model because He gave Himself for others. Love therefore requires more than emotion; it requires intentional action.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “Do I love people?” The deeper question is, “Can people experience God's love through the way I treat them?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that love must move beyond feelings into behaviour. I can choose kindness when I do not feel affectionate. I can choose patience when I am frustrated. I can choose forgiveness when I have been hurt.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

How do I treat people who cannot benefit me? How do I respond to those who disagree with me? Do my actions communicate the sacrificial love of Christ?

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Love becomes most visible when it costs something. It is easy to love when there is appreciation in return. Christlike love continues even when there is no applause.

PRAYER

Lord, teach me to walk in love. Let Your love govern my words, reactions and relationships. Help me love people who are difficult to understand and forgive those who have hurt me. Make my life an expression of the sacrificial love of Christ. In Jesus' name, Amen.

TAKEAWAY

Do not merely speak about love; walk in it.

Comments