DO NOT DESPISE SMALL BEGINNINGS

DO NOT DESPISE SMALL BEGINNINGS

Bible Verse: Zechariah 4:10

“For who hath despised the day of small things?”

1-Minute Explanation

We often evaluate significance by size. We think something must be large, impressive or widely recognized before it can be important. Scripture challenges that mindset. Many great works begin quietly and grow gradually. A small beginning may contain the potential for something much greater. The danger is becoming discouraged simply because the present reality does not yet resemble the final vision.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “How big is this?” The deeper question is, “Am I being faithful with what God has placed in my hands today?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that God values faithfulness more than appearance. Small beginnings can develop character, experience, relationships and foundations necessary for future growth.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

What small opportunity am I overlooking? What ministry, relationship, project or responsibility seems insignificant to me? Instead of waiting for something bigger, I should faithfully develop what I already have.

FINAL REFLECTIONS

A seed looks nothing like a tree, but it contains the potential for one. Likewise, today's small act of obedience may become tomorrow's significant testimony.

PRAYER

Lord, help me value small beginnings. Keep me from becoming discouraged because my present situation does not yet match my expectations. Give me patience to build faithfully and wisdom to develop what You have already entrusted to me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

TAKEAWAY

Do not despise what is small when God is in the beginning of it.

Comments