THE WAIT IS NOT WASTED
We often measure time by productivity.
If something is not moving, we think it is being wasted.
If an answer has not arrived, we think nothing is happening.
If a door has not opened, we think we are stuck.
But God's economy of time is different.
A waiting season can still be a productive season.
The fact that you are waiting does not mean you are wasting time.
God can use waiting to prepare you for what comes next.
KEY SCRIPTURE
“But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” — James 1:4
James connects waiting with development.
Patience does not develop instantly.
It develops through situations that require us to wait.
That means your waiting season may be producing something valuable in you.
WHAT HAPPENS WHILE YOU WAIT?
While you wait, God can strengthen your faith.
While you wait, God can expose wrong motives.
While you wait, God can develop patience.
While you wait, God can teach you dependence.
While you wait, God can give you wisdom.
While you wait, God can prepare your character.
While you wait, God can redirect your priorities.
Therefore, don't assume that waiting means nothing is happening.
Something may be happening in you even when nothing appears to be happening around you.
THE TWIST
Here is the twist:
You may be praying for God to shorten the waiting when God is using the waiting to strengthen you.
You want the season to end.
God may want the lesson to be completed.
You want the answer.
God may want maturity.
You want the opportunity.
God may want preparation.
The waiting is not necessarily an interruption of God's plan.
It can be part of God's plan.
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I can learn to stop treating every waiting season as wasted time.
I can learn to use waiting constructively.
I can pray more deeply.
Study more seriously.
Prepare more intentionally.
Serve more faithfully.
Develop myself.
Strengthen my relationship with God.
The waiting becomes valuable when I allow God to use it.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
If you are waiting for something, ask:
“What can I become while I am waiting?”
Don't spend all your energy watching the clock.
Use the season.
Prepare for the opportunity.
Develop the skill.
Strengthen the character.
Deepen the faith.
When the door finally opens, you may discover that the waiting prepared you to walk through it.
FINAL REFLECTION
One day you may look back and realize:
“I thought I was waiting for God, but God was preparing me.”
That changes everything.
The waiting was not empty.
The waiting was not pointless.
The waiting was not wasted.
CONCLUSION
Don't despise your waiting season.
There is purpose in it.
There is growth in it.
There is preparation in it.
There is often a deeper work taking place than you can currently see.
THE WAIT IS NOT WASTED.
PRAYER
Father, help me use my waiting seasons wisely.
Instead of becoming frustrated by what has not happened, show me what You are developing in me.
Give me patience, wisdom, discipline, and faith.
Help me prepare while I wait.
When Your timing comes, let me be ready.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
BIBLE REFERENCE:
Psalm 27:14 — “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage.”

Comments
Post a Comment