GOD LOVES YOU (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God loves you

a) You believe that God created the universe, including you; however, you are not sure if God loves you. There are some things that you need to consider. We can know some things about God by looking at His creations. We also have the Holy Bible to enlighten us. The Holy Bible makes clear that people are very important to God. The fact that God made you a human being means that you are very important to Him. You are a higher form of life than all the other creatures on the Earth. 

The highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to man. (Psalms 115:16 NIV)

b) God created you in His own image. You are the same species as God. That means that you are created with an important purpose; that is to have relationship with God, to interact with Him. You can learn some things about yourself by looking at your parents. However, you can learn much more about yourself by knowing your Creator. 

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:27-28 NKJV)

c) Think about it. God did not make you a rat, a dog or a bird. You are created in the image of God. Not only that, God made you special and unique. Out of all the people God created, you are different. Everything about you is unique, your DNA, your fingerprints, your face, and even your voice has a special sound that only belongs to you. That is why science can use all these things to identify you. The way you think is also unique and your personality is one of a kind. You are special to God because He made you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. (Psalms 139:13-18 NIV)

d) The word fearfully above means that you were created with great respect.

e) The word wonderfully means that you are made to be very special, unique from everyone else. It was God’s will to make you; you are a product of His desire. You are created for God’s pleasure.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. (Revelation 4:11 KJV)


The End ...

Comments