LOVE IS A SPIRIT (4)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Love is a Spirit 

a) When we love God His commandments are not a burden to us they are a joy. This kind of love is not natural, it is not from us, it is a gift from God called the Holy Spirit. God’s Holy Spirit in us causes us to not only want to obey God but also to delight in doing so from our very heart. David wrote many times verses such as this,  

(Psalms 40:8) 
I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.”

b) Jesus commands us to live in His love, which is demonstrated by obedience to Him on the outside, and on the inside we are full of joy.  

(John 15:9-14) 
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. {10} “If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. {11} “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. {12} “This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. {13} “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. {14} “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

c) There is only one thing that you have which you can give to God that will glorify Him, that is your life. But when you give yourself fully to Him, seeking to know Him and do His will with your whole heart, mind, soul, and strength; then He will glorify you. As we come to know and experience the revelation of God’s Love by looking unto Him we are transformed from glory to glory.  

(2 Corinthians 3:18) 
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.


The End ...

Comments