LOVE (4)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Love

a) Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:8-13 NKJV)

2. Other Scriptures 

1 Corinthians 13:11-13 NKJV  
(11)When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  (12)  For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  (13)  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Colossians 3:12-15 NKJV  
(12)Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;  (13)  bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.  (14)  But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.  (15)  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

1 John 4:6-13 
We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.  (7)  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  (8)  He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. (9)  In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.  (10)  In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.  (11)Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  (12)  No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.  (13)  By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.


The End ...

Comments