BE ROOTED IN CHRIST
Bible Verse: Colossians 2:6–7
“As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith.”
1-Minute Explanation
A tree can only remain standing during storms when its roots are deep. In the same way, Christian stability comes from being deeply rooted in Christ. Knowledge alone is not enough. Activity alone is not enough. Emotional experiences alone are not enough. We need a growing relationship with Christ, grounded in Scripture, prayer, obedience and faith. A shallow spiritual life may look healthy in calm conditions but becomes unstable when pressure arrives.
THE TWIST
The question is not simply, “How much do I know about Christ?” The deeper question is, “How deeply is my life rooted in Christ?”
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
I learn that spiritual depth matters more than outward appearance. Roots develop quietly, but they determine stability when storms come.
HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?
What is strengthening my spiritual roots? Am I developing consistent habits of prayer, Scripture, worship and obedience, or am I depending primarily on other people's teachings and experiences?
FINAL REFLECTIONS
Storms reveal roots. Difficult seasons expose what has been quietly developing underneath the surface. If Christ is my foundation, adversity can deepen rather than destroy my faith.
PRAYER
Lord Jesus, root me deeply in You. Strengthen my faith through Your Word and teach me to remain connected to You in every season. When storms come, help me stand firm because my foundation is secure in Christ. Amen.
TAKEAWAY
Strong faith is built beneath the surface before it is revealed in the storm.

Comments
Post a Comment