GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT
THE SUFFICIENCY OF GRACE
Key Scripture
📖 2 Corinthians 12:9–10 (NKJV)
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
📖 Isaiah 40:29–31 (NKJV)
"He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Introduction
There is a lie that has tormented countless believers. It is the lie that says, "You are not enough." It is the lie that whispers, "You are too weak. You are too broken. You are too flawed. You are too insufficient. You cannot make it. You cannot overcome. You cannot fulfill your calling. You cannot stand firm. You are not enough." And in our honest moments, we know it is true. We are not enough. We are weak. We are broken. We are flawed. We are insufficient. But here is the glorious truth of the Gospel: God's grace is sufficient. It is not our strength that sustains us. It is His. It is not our power that carries us. It is His. It is not our sufficiency that qualifies us. It is His.
The Apostle Paul understood this. He had a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to buffet him. He pleaded with God three times to remove it. He begged. He pleaded. He cried out. But God did not remove the thorn. Instead, God said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." The Greek word for "grace" is charis, which means unmerited favor, undeserved kindness, or a free gift. The word for "sufficient" is arkeō, which means to be enough, to be adequate, or to be sufficient. The word for "strength" is dynamis, which means power, ability, or might. The word for "perfect" is teleoō, which means to complete, to accomplish, to perfect, or to fulfill. The word for "weakness" is astheneia, which means weakness, infirmity, or frailty.
God was saying to Paul, "My grace is enough for you. My unmerited favor is sufficient. My undeserved kindness is adequate. My free gift is all you need. And My power is made perfect in your weakness. My strength is completed in your frailty. My might is accomplished in your infirmity."
Paul did not argue with God. He did not complain. He did not become bitter. He did not give up. He responded with faith. He said, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." The Greek word for "boast" is kauchaomai, which means to glory, to rejoice, or to boast. The word for "infirmities" is astheneia, the same word used earlier. The word for "rest" is episkenoō, which means to rest upon, to cover, or to overshadow. Paul was saying, "I will gladly boast in my weaknesses. I will gladly glory in my infirmities. Because when I am weak, the power of Christ rests upon me. When I am weak, His strength is displayed in me."
And then he made a stunning declaration: "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." The Greek word for "take pleasure" is eudokeō, which means to be well pleased, to delight, or to take pleasure. The word for "infirmities" is astheneia. The word for "reproaches" is hybris, which means insult, mistreatment, or outrage. The word for "needs" is anankē, which means necessity, distress, or compulsion. The word for "persecutions" is diōgmos, which means persecution, pursuit, or harassment. The word for "distresses" is stenochōria, which means narrowness, confinement, or distress. Paul was saying, "I take pleasure in all of these things. I delight in them. I rejoice in them. Because when I am weak, then I am strong. When I am insufficient, He is sufficient. When I have nothing, He is everything."
The prophet Isaiah echoed this truth. He declared, "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength." The Hebrew word for "power" is koach, which means strength, power, or ability. The word for "weak" is ya'eph, which means faint, weary, or exhausted. The word for "might" is otsem, which means strength, power, or might. The word for "increases" is rabah, which means to increase, to multiply, or to make abundant. God gives power to the weak. He increases strength to those who have no might. He does not wait for us to become strong. He meets us in our weakness. He strengthens us in our frailty.
Then Isaiah adds, "Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall." The Hebrew word for "youths" is na'ar, which means young men, youths, or servants. The word for "faint" is ya'eph, the same word used earlier. The word for "weary" is yaga, which means to be weary, to be exhausted, or to be faint. The word for "young men" is bachur, which means young men, chosen men, or strong men. The word for "utterly fall" is kashal, which means to stumble, to fall, or to be brought down. Even the strongest, the youngest, the most capable will grow weary. Even the most energetic will stumble. Human strength is limited. Human endurance is finite. Human power is temporary.
But then Isaiah gives the promise: "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength." The Hebrew word for "wait" is qavah, which means to wait, to look for, to hope, or to expect. The word for "renew" is chalaph, which means to exchange, to change, or to revive. The word for "strength" is koach, the same word used earlier. Those who wait on the Lord will exchange their strength for His. They will trade their exhaustion for His power. They will swap their weariness for His might.
The results are described in three powerful images. First, they "shall mount up with wings like eagles." The eagle is a symbol of strength, freedom, and transcendence. It soars above the storm, not by avoiding it but by using its currents to rise higher. When we wait on God, we are lifted above our circumstances. We are given a perspective that sees beyond the present difficulty. We are enabled to soar.
Second, they "shall run and not be weary." This is the strength for sustained effort. Life requires running—pursuing God's purposes, serving others, working, ministering. The promise is that we can run without collapsing. We can exert energy without exhausting our reserves. God replenishes us as we go.
Third, they "shall walk and not faint." This is the strength for the ordinary. Running is dramatic, but walking is daily. Walking is the routine, the mundane, the faithful plodding forward. The promise is that we can keep walking without fainting. We can put one foot in front of the other, day after day, trusting that God will sustain us. This is perhaps the greatest miracle—the ability to keep going when the excitement has faded and all that remains is the faithful, quiet, daily walk.
This teaching is for everyone who feels insufficient. It is for the one who is weak. It is for the one who is weary. It is for the one who is broken. It is for the one who has nothing left to give. It is for the one who needs to know that God's grace is sufficient. It is time to stop relying on your own strength. It is time to stop trusting in your own sufficiency. It is time to rest in His grace.
Biblical Truth
2 Corinthians 12:9–10 and Isaiah 40:29–31 together provide a powerful biblical framework for understanding the sufficiency of God's grace. They reveal that His grace is sufficient, that His strength is made perfect in our weakness, and that those who wait on Him will renew their strength.
2 Corinthians 12:9–10 is Paul's personal testimony of God's grace in the midst of weakness. The context is critical. Paul had been given a "thorn in the flesh" to keep him from exalting himself (2 Corinthians 12:7). He pleaded with God three times to remove it. But God said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."
The Greek word for "grace" is charis, which means unmerited favor, undeserved kindness, or a free gift. It is the same word used in Ephesians 2:8-9, where Paul says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." Grace is not something you earn. It is not something you deserve. It is not something you can achieve. It is a free gift. It is unmerited. It is undeserved. It is given to those who do not deserve it.
The Greek word for "sufficient" is arkeō, which means to be enough, to be adequate, or to be sufficient. It is the same word used in Matthew 6:34, where Jesus says, "Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." It is the same word used in 1 Peter 4:3, where Peter says, "For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles." The point is that God's grace is enough. It is sufficient. It is adequate. You do not need anything more. You do not need to perform. You do not need to earn. You do not need to prove. His grace is enough.
The Greek word for "strength" is dynamis, which means power, ability, or might. It is the same word from which we get "dynamite." It is explosive power. It is supernatural power. It is resurrection power. The Greek word for "perfect" is teleoō, which means to complete, to accomplish, to perfect, or to fulfill. It is the same word used in John 19:30, where Jesus says, "It is finished!" The Greek word for "weakness" is astheneia, which means weakness, infirmity, or frailty. It is the same word used in Matthew 8:17, where Matthew says that Jesus "took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses."
God was saying to Paul, "My power is completed in your weakness. My strength is accomplished in your frailty. My might is fulfilled in your infirmity." God does not need you to be strong. He needs you to be weak. He does not need you to perform. He needs you to trust. He does not need you to achieve. He needs you to be faithful. Because when you are weak, He is strong. When you are frail, He is mighty. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient. His grace is enough.
Paul's response is remarkable. He said, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." The Greek word for "boast" is kauchaomai, which means to glory, to rejoice, or to boast. The word for "infirmities" is astheneia, the same word used earlier. The word for "rest" is episkenoō, which means to rest upon, to cover, or to overshadow. Paul was saying, "I will gladly boast in my weaknesses. I will gladly glory in my infirmities. Because when I am weak, the power of Christ rests upon me. When I am weak, His strength is displayed in me."
And then he made a stunning declaration: "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." The Greek word for "take pleasure" is eudokeō, which means to be well pleased, to delight, or to take pleasure. Paul was saying, "I take pleasure in all of these things. I delight in them. I rejoice in them. Because when I am weak, then I am strong. When I am insufficient, He is sufficient. When I have nothing, He is everything."
Isaiah 40:29–31 expands on this truth. The prophet writes, "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."
The Hebrew word for "power" is koach, which means strength, power, or ability. The word for "weak" is ya'eph, which means faint, weary, or exhausted. The word for "might" is otsem, which means strength, power, or might. The word for "increases" is rabah, which means to increase, to multiply, or to make abundant. God gives power to the weak. He increases strength to those who have no might. He does not wait for us to become strong. He meets us in our weakness. He strengthens us in our frailty.
Then Isaiah adds, "Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall." The Hebrew word for "youths" is na'ar, which means young men, youths, or servants. The word for "faint" is ya'eph, the same word used earlier. The word for "weary" is yaga, which means to be weary, to be exhausted, or to be faint. The word for "young men" is bachur, which means young men, chosen men, or strong men. The word for "utterly fall" is kashal, which means to stumble, to fall, or to be brought down. Even the strongest, the youngest, the most capable will grow weary. Even the most energetic will stumble. Human strength is limited. Human endurance is finite. Human power is temporary.
But then Isaiah gives the promise: "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength." The Hebrew word for "wait" is qavah, which means to wait, to look for, to hope, or to expect. It is an active, expectant waiting. It is not passive resignation; it is confident trust. The word for "renew" is chalaph, which means to exchange, to change, or to revive. It is the picture of putting on new clothes, of exchanging worn-out garments for fresh ones. The word for "strength" is koach, the same word used earlier. Those who wait on the Lord will exchange their strength for His. They will trade their exhaustion for His power. They will swap their weariness for His might.
The results are described in three powerful images. First, they "shall mount up with wings like eagles." The eagle is a symbol of strength, freedom, and transcendence. It soars above the storm, not by avoiding it but by using its currents to rise higher. When we wait on God, we are lifted above our circumstances. We are given a perspective that sees beyond the present difficulty. We are enabled to soar.
Second, they "shall run and not be weary." This is the strength for sustained effort. Life requires running—pursuing God's purposes, serving others, working, ministering. The promise is that we can run without collapsing. We can exert energy without exhausting our reserves. God replenishes us as we go.
Third, they "shall walk and not faint." This is the strength for the ordinary. Running is dramatic, but walking is daily. Walking is the routine, the mundane, the faithful plodding forward. The promise is that we can keep walking without fainting. We can put one foot in front of the other, day after day, trusting that God will sustain us. This is perhaps the greatest miracle—the ability to keep going when the excitement has faded and all that remains is the faithful, quiet, daily walk.
The principle of God's sufficiency is woven throughout Scripture. When Moses felt inadequate to lead Israel, God said, "I will certainly be with you" (Exodus 3:12). When Gideon felt too weak to deliver Israel, God said, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man" (Judges 6:16). When David faced Goliath, he said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine" (1 Samuel 17:37). When Jehoshaphat faced a vast army, he said, "Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's" (2 Chronicles 20:15). When Jesus faced the cross, He said, "Not My will, but Yours, be done" (Luke 22:42). The pattern is clear: the people of God rely on His sufficiency, not their own.
The example of Jesus is our ultimate model. Jesus is the embodiment of grace. He is full of grace and truth (John 1:14). He is the source of all grace. He is the one who gives grace upon grace (John 1:16). He is the one who gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). He is the one who gives grace in time of need (Hebrews 4:16). He is the one who gives grace for every trial, every temptation, every weakness. Jesus is sufficient. He is enough. And He calls us to rest in His sufficiency.
What We Often Get Wrong
The first and most common error is that we believe we are sufficient in ourselves. We think that we can handle our lives on our own. We think that we can overcome our struggles in our own strength. We think that we can fulfill our calling in our own ability. We think that we can stand firm in our own power. But this is a lie from the enemy. We are not sufficient in ourselves. We are weak. We are broken. We are frail. We are insufficient. Our sufficiency is in Christ alone (2 Corinthians 3:5).
Second, we believe that weakness is a disqualification. We think that because we are weak, because we are broken, because we are frail, God cannot use us. We think that we must be strong, capable, and sufficient to be used by God. But this is a lie. God's strength is made perfect in weakness. He uses the weak things of the world to confound the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27). He uses the foolish things to shame the wise. He uses the lowly things, the despised things, and the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are. Your weakness does not disqualify you. It qualifies you. It is the platform for God's power. It is the canvas for His grace. It is the vessel for His glory.
Third, we rely on our own strength. We try to live the Christian life in our own strength. We try to overcome sin in our own strength. We try to serve God in our own strength. We try to stand firm in our own strength. But Jesus said, "Without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). We cannot live the Christian life in our own strength. We cannot overcome sin in our own strength. We cannot serve God in our own strength. We cannot stand firm in our own strength. We must rely on His strength. We must depend on His grace.
Fourth, we believe that we can handle temptation alone. We think that if we are strong enough, smart enough, and disciplined enough, we can resist temptation on our own. But God says, "My grace is sufficient for you." We need His grace to resist temptation. We need His grace to overcome sin. We need His grace to stand firm. We cannot handle temptation alone. We must rely on His grace.
Fifth, we believe that grace is only for salvation. We think that grace is the free gift of salvation, but after that, we must live the Christian life in our own strength. We think that grace gets us saved, but then we must maintain our salvation by our own efforts. But this is a lie. Grace is not just for salvation. Grace is for sanctification. Grace is for service. Grace is for suffering. Grace is for weakness. Grace is for temptation. Grace is for everything. We need grace every day. We need grace every moment. We need grace for every trial, every temptation, every weakness.
Sixth, we believe that we should hide our weaknesses. We think that we must present a perfect image to the world. We think that we must pretend we are strong. We think that we must hide our struggles. But Paul said, "Most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Paul boasted in his weaknesses. He did not hide them. He did not pretend. He did not present a perfect image. He acknowledged his weakness. He admitted his struggle. He testified of his need. And in doing so, he made room for God's power to be displayed. We should do the same.
Seventh, we give up when we feel weak. We think that if we feel weak, we are failing. We think that if we feel weary, we are on the wrong path. We think that if we feel insufficient, we are disqualified. But this is a lie. Weakness is not failure. Weariness is not a sign that you are on the wrong path. Insufficiency is not disqualification. Weakness is the platform for God's strength. Weariness is the opportunity for God's renewal. Insufficiency is the canvas for God's sufficiency. Do not give up when you feel weak. Do not give up when you feel weary. Do not give up when you feel insufficient. Wait on the Lord. He will renew your strength.
God's Perspective
God views your weakness as the platform for His strength. He does not see your weakness as a disqualification. He does not see your frailty as a failure. He does not see your insufficiency as a problem. He sees it as an opportunity. He sees it as a canvas. He sees it as a platform. When you are weak, He is strong. When you are frail, He is mighty. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient. Your weakness is the platform for His strength. It is the canvas for His grace. It is the vessel for His glory.
God's perspective is that His grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is adequate. It is all you need. You do not need to be strong. You do not need to be capable. You do not need to be sufficient. You just need to rely on His grace. You just need to trust His grace. You just need to rest in His grace. His grace is sufficient for your salvation. His grace is sufficient for your sanctification. His grace is sufficient for your service. His grace is sufficient for your suffering. His grace is sufficient for your weakness. His grace is sufficient for your temptation. His grace is sufficient for everything.
God sees your weariness as an invitation to wait. He does not want you to push through in your own strength. He does not want you to burn out. He does not want you to collapse. He wants you to wait on Him. He wants you to exchange your strength for His. He wants you to trade your exhaustion for His power. He wants you to swap your weariness for His might. Wait on the Lord. He will renew your strength.
God's perspective is that He will strengthen you. He has promised to strengthen you. He has promised to help you. He has promised to uphold you with His righteous right hand (Isaiah 41:10). He does not leave you to face your weakness alone. He does not leave you to face your weariness alone. He does not leave you to face your insufficiency alone. He is with you. He will strengthen you. He will sustain you. He will carry you. He will renew you.
God sees your reliance on Him as an act of worship. When you rely on His grace, you are acknowledging that He is God and you are not. When you rely on His strength, you are acknowledging that He is sufficient and you are not. When you rely on His wisdom, you are acknowledging that He knows all things and you do not. This is worship. It is honoring to God. It is glorifying to Him.
God's perspective is that He will get the glory. When you are weak and He is strong, He gets the glory. When you are insufficient and He is sufficient, He gets the glory. When you are inadequate and He is adequate, He gets the glory. The glory does not go to you. It goes to Him. And that is the point. That is the purpose. That is the reason.
Practical Application
Acknowledge Your Weakness: Stop pretending. Stop hiding. Stop presenting a perfect image. Acknowledge your weakness. Acknowledge your frailty. Acknowledge your insufficiency. Tell God. Tell yourself. Tell a trusted friend. When you acknowledge your weakness, you make room for God's strength.
Rely on His Grace: Stop relying on your own strength. Stop trusting in your own sufficiency. Stop depending on your own ability. Rely on His grace. Trust His grace. Rest in His grace. Say, "Lord, I cannot do this in my own strength. I need Your grace. I need Your strength. I need Your power. I rely on You."
Wait on the Lord: Waiting is not passive. It is active. It is continuing to pray. It is continuing to obey. It is continuing to serve. It is continuing to trust. Do not stop doing good while you wait. Do not stop praying. Do not stop believing. Keep walking. Keep serving. Keep trusting. The waiting is the work.
Exchange Your Strength for His: When you feel weak, do not push through in your own strength. Exchange your strength for His. Trade your exhaustion for His power. Swap your weariness for His might. Say, "Lord, I exchange my weakness for Your strength. I exchange my insufficiency for Your sufficiency. I exchange my weariness for Your power. Fill me. Strengthen me. Renew me."
Boast in Your Weaknesses: Do not hide your weaknesses. Boast in them. Not in a prideful way. But in a way that gives God the glory. Share your testimony. Share your story. Share how God's grace has sustained you. Share how His strength has been made perfect in your weakness. Let others see that God is sufficient.
Pray for Renewal: Ask God to renew your strength. Ask Him to refresh your soul. Ask Him to revive your spirit. Ask Him to empower you. Ask Him to fill you. Ask Him to strengthen you. He will answer. He will renew you. He will revive you.
Rest in His Sufficiency: You do not have to be enough. He is enough. You do not have to be sufficient. He is sufficient. You do not have to be strong. He is strong. Rest in His sufficiency. Rest in His grace. Rest in His strength. Rest in Him.
Ask Yourself
Am I relying on my own strength or on His grace?
Am I hiding my weakness or boasting in it?
Am I waiting on the Lord or pushing through in my own strength?
Am I exchanging my strength for His?
Am I resting in His sufficiency?
Am I acknowledging my need for His grace?
Am I giving up when I feel weak, or am I trusting God?
Do I believe that God's grace is sufficient?
Reflection
God's grace is sufficient. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. You are not enough. But He is. You are weak. But He is strong. You are insufficient. But He is sufficient. His grace is enough for you. His unmerited favor is enough. His undeserved kindness is enough. His free gift is enough. And His strength is made perfect in your weakness. His power is completed in your frailty. His might is accomplished in your infirmity.
My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. Do not rely on your own strength. Do not trust in your own sufficiency. Do not depend on your own ability. Rely on His grace. Trust His grace. Rest in His grace. When you are weak, He is strong. When you are frail, He is mighty. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient.
He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. God gives power to the weak. He increases strength to those who have no might. Wait on the Lord. He will renew your strength. He will lift you up. He will carry you. He will sustain you.
So rely on His grace. Acknowledge your weakness. Wait on the Lord. Exchange your strength for His. Boast in your weaknesses. Pray for renewal. Rest in His sufficiency. And you will discover that when you are weak, then you are strong. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient. When you have nothing, He is everything. God's grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is all you need.
Prayer
Father, I confess that I have relied on my own strength. I have trusted in my own sufficiency. I have depended on my own ability. I have hidden my weakness. I have pretended to be strong. Forgive me. Today, I choose to rely on Your grace. I acknowledge my weakness. I acknowledge my frailty. I acknowledge my insufficiency. I need Your grace. I need Your strength. I need Your power. I wait on You, Lord. Renew my strength. Lift me up. Carry me. Sustain me. Exchange my weakness for Your strength. Exchange my insufficiency for Your sufficiency. Exchange my weariness for Your power. I boast in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Your grace is sufficient for me. I rest in Your sufficiency. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen.
Declaration
I declare that God's grace is sufficient for me. I am not enough, but He is. I am weak, but He is strong. I am insufficient, but He is sufficient. His grace is enough. His strength is made perfect in my weakness. I will not rely on my own strength. I will not trust in my own sufficiency. I will not depend on my own ability. I will rely on His grace. I will trust His grace. I will rest in His grace. I acknowledge my weakness. I boast in my infirmities. I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. He gives power to the weak. He increases strength to those who have no might. I wait on the Lord. He renews my strength. I mount up with wings like eagles. I run and do not grow weary. I walk and do not faint. God's grace is sufficient for me. It is enough. It is all I need. I rest in His sufficiency. I rest in His grace. I rest in Him.
Concluding Scripture
📖 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV)
"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
A Final Word
God's grace is sufficient. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. You are not enough. But He is. You are weak. But He is strong. You are insufficient. But He is sufficient. His grace is enough for you. His unmerited favor is enough. His undeserved kindness is enough. His free gift is enough. And His strength is made perfect in your weakness. His power is completed in your frailty. His might is accomplished in your infirmity.
My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. Do not rely on your own strength. Do not trust in your own sufficiency. Do not depend on your own ability. Rely on His grace. Trust His grace. Rest in His grace. When you are weak, He is strong. When you are frail, He is mighty. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient.
He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. This is the truth. This is the promise. This is the invitation. God gives power to the weak. He increases strength to those who have no might. Wait on the Lord. He will renew your strength. He will lift you up. He will carry you. He will sustain you.
So rely on His grace. Acknowledge your weakness. Wait on the Lord. Exchange your strength for His. Boast in your weaknesses. Pray for renewal. Rest in His sufficiency. And you will discover that when you are weak, then you are strong. When you are insufficient, He is sufficient. When you have nothing, He is everything. God's grace is sufficient. It is enough. It is all you need.

Comments
Post a Comment