YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER

YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER

Bible Verse: Proverbs 18:21

“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”

1-Minute Explanation

Words are powerful because they can influence hearts, relationships and decisions. A careless statement can wound someone for years, while an encouraging word can restore courage. Scripture does not mean that human speech possesses unlimited supernatural power. Rather, it emphasizes the significant consequences of how we speak. Our words reveal what is inside us and often shape the environment around us.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “What did I say?” The deeper question is, “What did my words produce in the person who heard them?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that speaking truth does not require speaking harshly. Wisdom knows how to combine truth with grace, correction with compassion and conviction with love.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

Do my words build people up or constantly tear them down? When I am angry, do I say things I later regret? Before speaking, I should ask whether what I am about to say is true, necessary and beneficial.

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Words cannot always be taken back after they are spoken. Therefore, maturity requires learning to control the tongue before the tongue controls the situation.

PRAYER

Lord, place a guard over my mouth. Help me speak truth with grace and correction with love. Deliver me from careless, destructive and unnecessary words. Let my speech bring encouragement, wisdom and life to those around me. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

Before you speak, consider not only whether your words are true, but what they will produce.

Comments