PARTNER WITH GOD (8)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Partner with God

a) There are two great privileges that God has given to man. The first is salvation, which is the privilege to enter into an intimate and eternal relationship with God, to be unified with Him in love.

b) The second greatest privilege is to serve God with good works, which He performs through us as we allow Him to do so. Both of these privileges are a result of God’s grace.

(Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

(Matthew 5:16 NKJV)
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. 

2. Other Scriptures

(John 14:10-17) 
“Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. {11} “Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves. {12} “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. {13} “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. {14} “If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. {15} “If you love Me, keep My commandments. {16} “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever; {17} “the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

(1 Corinthians 3:11-15) 
For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. {12} Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, {13} each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. {14} If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. {15} If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.


The End ...

Comments