The Attack on God's Integrity

The Attack on God's Integrity
What Does It Mean?
This teaching reveals the primary purpose behind Satan's deception: it was a direct attack on God's ability and integrity as the sole source of information for Adam and Eve. The instruction begins by acknowledging that deception is not something any of us set out to be a victim of. However, human nature has been set on a predetermined course since the beginning, and our natural instincts and built-in flaws often override our desire to follow after God.
The teaching then asks: "What was the main purpose for this attack?" The answer is clear—the challenge was a direct attack on God's ability and integrity as the sole source of information for Adam and Eve. The same attack continues every day in the lives of believers. This did not just happen to Eve; the serpent is still the sole occupier of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Paul the apostle knew it, and we need to know it.
The instruction then reveals how Satan called God a liar. Satan introduced the deception to Eve that God was withholding information from them and that God was afraid for them to have all the answers because they would also be gods. This is the very thing Satan—then Lucifer—was cast out of heaven for. Satan is pulling the same deception today.
The lie has not changed, and the results are still the same. Satan controls the world system, our schools, our media, and many of our churches and religious institutions.
The Twist
The unexpected element in this teaching is the revelation that Satan's deception was a direct attack on God's integrity. Satan did not just tempt Eve to disobey; he called God a liar. He suggested that God was withholding something good from them and that God could not be trusted. This reveals the depth of the enemy's attack—it is not just about behavior but about the character of God.
Another surprising insight is that Satan was cast out of heaven for the same thing. He wanted to be like God and take God's place. He projected his own sin onto God, suggesting that God was afraid of competition. This is how deception works—it projects the deceiver's own motives onto God.
The teaching also reveals that the lie has not changed. Satan is still telling people that God is withholding something good from them and that they cannot trust Him. This is the foundation of the world system, our schools, our media, and even many of our churches and religious institutions.
Perhaps most challenging is the recognition that Satan controls the world system. This does not mean that everything in the world is evil, but that the system is influenced by the enemy. We must be discerning about the information we receive, even from sources that appear good.
How Does It Apply to Me?
Recognize the Attack on God's Integrity
Satan's deception is a direct attack on God's character. I need to recognize when the enemy is trying to make me doubt God's goodness and trustworthiness.
I can apply this by:
Not believing the lie that God is withholding good from me
Trusting that God's commands are for my benefit
Rejecting any suggestion that God is afraid or insecure
Affirming God's integrity in my heart
Reject the Lie That God Is Withholding
Satan's lie is that God is withholding something good from me. I need to reject this lie and trust that God gives good gifts to His children.
I can do this by:
Being grateful for what God has given me
Trusting that His timing is perfect
Not coveting what is not mine
Believing that God's provision is enough
Examine My Information Sources
Satan controls the world system. I need to examine my information sources and be discerning about what I accept as true.
I can apply this by:
Testing everything against Scripture
Not accepting the world's values without question
Being cautious about what I learn from media
Seeking God's truth above all
Be Aware of the Enemy's Tactics
The lie has not changed. I need to be aware of the enemy's tactics and not be surprised when he uses the same lies.
I can do this by:
Studying Scripture to know the truth
Being alert to deception
Not being naive about the enemy's schemes
Standing firm in God's truth
Trust God's Character
God is good and does not withhold good from His children. I need to trust His character, even when I do not understand His ways.
I can apply this by:
Remembering God's faithfulness in the past
Trusting that His plans are for my good
Not letting circumstances shake my trust
Affirming God's goodness daily
Guard Against Religious Deception
Satan controls many religious institutions. I need to guard against deception in the church and seek truth from God's Word.
I can do this by:
Not blindly following religious leaders
Testing teachings against Scripture
Being discerning about what I hear
Seeking God's truth above human tradition
Fight the Battle for Truth
The attack on God's integrity continues every day. I need to fight the battle for truth in my own life and in the world.
I can do this by:
Standing firm in God's truth
Not compromising on what I know is true
Sharing the truth with others
Being a witness for God's faithfulness
Final Reflections
This teaching on the attack on God's integrity reveals the heart of the enemy's deception. Satan's goal is not just to make us sin but to make us doubt God's character. He calls God a liar and suggests that God is withholding good from us. This is the same deception that led to his fall from heaven, and it is the same deception he uses on us today.
The lie has not changed, and the results are still the same. When we believe that God cannot be trusted, we turn away from Him and pursue what the world offers. This is why the world system is under Satan's control—because it is built on the lie that God is withholding good.
The call is to reject the lie and trust God's character. God is good, and He does not withhold good from His children. His commands are for our benefit, not our restriction. When we trust Him, we are protected from deception and walk in the truth.
Ultimately, this teaching calls me to recognize the attack on God's integrity, reject the lie that God is withholding, and examine my information sources. It calls me to trust God's character, guard against religious deception, and fight the battle for truth. In doing so, I align myself with God's truth and find freedom from deception.
Prayer
Father in Heaven,
I come to You with a heart that trusts Your character and Your goodness. I confess that I have sometimes believed the lie that You are withholding good from me. Forgive me for my doubt and for the times I have questioned Your integrity.
Lord, I thank You that You are good and that You do not withhold good from Your children. I reject the lie that You cannot be trusted. I affirm that Your commands are for my benefit and that Your ways are higher than my ways.
Protect me from the deception that Satan controls the world system. Help me to examine my information sources and to test everything against Your Word. Give me discernment to recognize lies and the courage to reject them.
I pray for those who are trapped in deception. Open their eyes to see the truth and lead them to repentance. Help them to trust Your character and to find freedom in Your truth.
Lord, I choose this day to trust You and to affirm Your goodness. Help me to stand firm in Your truth and to be a witness for Your faithfulness.
In Jesus' name, who is the Truth,
Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment