BE COMFORTED

1. Here are some words of encouragement for grief:

i) 50My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. 76May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. 77Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. (Psalm 119:50, 76, 77 NIV)

ii) 13Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow. (Jeremiah 31:13 NIV)

iii) 4Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4 NIV)

iv) 20Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. (John 16:20-22 NIV)

v) 13Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. (1 Thessalonians 4:13, 14 NIV)

vi) 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Look! God's dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. '4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:3, 4 NIV) 

Comments