DEPRESSION (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Depression

(Psalms 42:11 NIV) 
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

(2 Timothy 1:7 NIV) 
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 

2. Other Scriptures

(2 Chronicles 20:17 NIV) 
You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.'”

(Psalms 30:2-5 NIV) 
O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. {3} O LORD, you brought me up from the grave ; you spared me from going down into the pit. {4} Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name. {5} For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

(Isaiah 53:3-6 NIV) 
He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. {4} Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. {5} But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. {6} We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.


The End ...

Comments